Thanks for visiting my blog! This is a place where I pen down my personal thoughts. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
Feel free to post a comment or leave a tag.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Good news to announce

I’ve been in a streak of good luck lately. Hee... I’ve always enjoyed being an MC on stage, be it in SCS or events. And now, I’ve got the chance to MC on a public stage! I’m really excited of what the future holds, at the same time so afraid I’ll mess it all up. Ha…

To me, MC is really fun. It’s like watching a horror movie or sitting on a rollercoaster. You’d be so terrified when the rollercoaster’s going up. You see no end to it and so scared of what’ll happen next. And when you reach the tip of the rollercoaster, you’re so terrified and think that you can no longer go on. You’ll die if it starts to go down. But when it’s going down, you scream your lungs out and your adrenaline starts pumping. Wow! It’s so fun! And the cycle goes on until the end of the rollercoaster ride. Hehe.. being an MC is just like that. Days before the on stage performance, I can’t sleep at night and get so nervous. I’ll keep preparing and preparing, memorizing and memorizing. There’s no end of preparation for it. Then just before going on stage, it’s so so so terrifying that I just want to go home and wished I never signed up on it. Once I’m on stage, legs start trembling, and I’ll start mumbling. Then my adrenaline starts pumping and I’ll talk about anything to my heart's delight. Hehe… And everyone will have to listen to you coz they got no choice. The mike’s in your control! Just the right thing for the attention seeking me. Blahx. But it’s really great fun!

First Public Appearance as MC

Battle of Voices Quarter Finals – Hougang Mall, 8 Sep 07

It was sheer luck that I got the chance to MC in the BOV quarter finals. Mel was looking for MCs and got me to go since I was an MC for SCS. I think he was partly thinking, you always say SCS so good this and that. Then let me see how good you are as an MC and prove me wrong. Haha.. Ok. Maybe he wasn’t really thinking this way. But it all turned out really well. I was so nervous when I was on stage to MC this event coz there were so many audiences down below, and I didn’t know my co-host until then. I took the one hour before the event to chat with my co-host and got as ready as I can before time’s up. And, I’m definitely not ready when the event’s to begin. I’ll never be ready before any event! It’s so terrifying to see the hundreds of people looking at you while you’re on stage. Luckily everything turned out so well. The audience at Hougang Mall were very receptive and the mood was great. I stumbled through the opening, and got a few mistakes in calling the judges as the panel of jury and vice versa, but other than that, everything turned out really well. Hehehe… Melvin even said I was really great as an MC! So proud of myself. See, WBG trained us well ar! The event ended with a high note and one of the judges, Celine from Celine Jessandra School of Performing Arts (CJSOPA, pronounced as CJ-SOPA) even invited me to be the host for her mid-autumn event!

So... one thing leads to another…

Mid-Autumn Event @ Square 2 – 16 Sep 07

This event was by management of Square 2 and CJSOPA. Days before this event, I was so so so nervous! This was the first time I’m officially employed on payroll for being an MC. The amount of preparation I did was humongous, but even so it wasn’t sufficient to prepare me. When I finally stood on the stage of Square 2, I was so so nervous! My legs were trembling as I addressed the audience. I think it was because I was unfamiliar with Square 2 and its stage, the audience looked so hostile to me. And of course, I was unfamiliar with the performers and artistes of CJSOPA, so I felt so alien to everything. Sigh. I felt like I messed up my start. But it was great that Celine was so supportive, and encouraged me on. My performance later improved and I slowly picked myself up on stage. Phew. But still feel bad. I couldn’ve done so so so so so much better!!! Blahx. Anyway, the performers, artistes and guest artiste of CJSOPA were really good!! I always loved to sing and enjoyed listening to good singers. I must say, the performers of CJSOPA were marvelous. They were all very different individuals, yet Celine could combine their strengths together and make such a great vocal performance. There were two artistes who exceptionally impressed me a lot. One was Charlene, a guest artiste of CJSOPA. She could sing really really well. Even waitresses of one of the restaurant at level 4 came out just to look at her sing. Another was a young artiste by the name of Josephine. She’s only 17 this year, yet she not only sings well, and dances so well! She choreographed her own Korean dance and performed the dance routine on stage. It was really good. *Impressed* ^_^

Really feel that I could learn loads from this group of people at CJSOPA. All are so young, yet working so hard towards their dreams. I’ve still got two more mid-autumn events with them this Friday and Sunday. If you’re interested in listening to great songs and supporting these next rising stars of Singapore, do come down to support us at Square 2 on 21 Sep 6-6.30pm, and 23 Sep 3-4pm.





Celine Jessandra School of Performing Arts
177B Thomson Road (Goldhill Centre) Singapore 307625
Tel: (65) 254 0702 Fax: (65) 6254 1896

If you’re one who loves singing and performing, or simply loves Korean culture, I’ll recommend CJSOPA. It seems like a really great school with close-knitted students. And Celine’s a really nice person. CJSOPA, or Celine Jessandra School of Performing Arts is the only school in Singapore which teaches Korean vocals and dance. If you wanna learn the 电臀, hehe… you can go for it too! Courses provided are as follows:

- Vocal (Singing): English, Mandarin, Korean
- Dance: Hip-Hop, Korean Hip-Hop
- Korean Language Course
- Piano
- Kids' Course
- Talent Management

The website’s under construction so you can mail to aspire@celinejessandra.com for more information or you can also click on this link that I found: http://www.battleofthevoices.com/performing.html

No comments:



end junk mail